How we reduce our impact on the environment
Here at An Bruachan a quality service for our guests is provided whilst minimising the environmental impact of our activities.
The requirements of environmental legislation and approved codes of practice are noted and implemented.
Our impact on the environment is minimised through the involvement of various energy saving initiatives.
Support and promotion of local produce, food, and crafts and businesses is ongoing.
A duty of care towards the environment is implemented so that it may be enjoyed by our visitors and future generations.
The following are some of the actions implemented at An Bruachan to reduce carbon emissions and save energy.
Efforts taken to cut down on carbon emissions and save energy
- Radiators have thermostatic controls
- Glass, Tin, Aluminium Cans, Plastic bottles, Paper and Cardboard, are recycled .
- Clothes, household goods, plastic and paper carrier bags are given to charity shops.
- Low energy light bulbs are used where possible.
- Fridges, microwaves, televisions, used batteries and light bulbs are taken to municipal disposal site where they are rendered safe and recycled.
- Appliances are not left on standby i.e. bedroom televisions
- Long life bags are used for daily grocery shopping.
- Lights are switched off in unoccupied rooms.
- Use of electricity and water are monitored so that they may be used efficiently .
- Hanging baskets and flower pots are watered when possible with water already used in kitchen.
- Grass cutting is used to compost flower beds.
- Visitors are encouraged to reuse bathroom towels.
Any suggestions about our environmental policy is welcomed.
+353 64 664 1682